Our business originated as long ago as 1927, when brothers Battista and Simone Degasper decided to knock down their barn to build the first Soraga hotel, which was opened in june 1929.
The owner, Battista, enjoyed the help of his six children, Antonio, Maria Elena, Caterina, Elisabetta, Luigina and Ester, who, while growing up, worked side by side with their father to run the business, and the country saw its first tourism boom.
In 1949 the hotel underwent its first renovation. In 1953 further works were carried out, with the building being extended by half and a third floor being added.
In 1973 the north-east wing of the hotel was demolished and subsequently reconstructed. This extension enabled the hotel to expand from its original 28 bed spaces to the current 74, turning it into a luxurious hotel which this year is celebrating 80 years in business. Once the works were completed, just two of Battista’s children, Antonio and Maria Elena, stayed on to run the hotel.
In 1997 the management of the hotel was handed over to the Peiretti and Fontana families, who subsequently bought the hotel in february 2007. Paolo Peiretti still runs the hotel, and in november 2007 celebrated ten years in charge.
In 2007 Peiretti family bought the Hotel and in 2010 started the renovation ending in June 2017 with the total remaking of the hotel.